To register, call 915-532-2771 or visit our campus at 1400 George Dieter, Ste 260.
We appreciate your interest in the ProAction Emergency Services Institute’s Emergency Medical Technician certificate program. To ensure a smooth registration process, please make sure to gather the following documents:
- Valid Driver’s License or ID: Please bring a current and valid driver’s license or identification card for identification purposes.
- Social Security Card: A copy of your Social Security card is required for documentation purposes.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Transcript: Please provide proof of your high school diploma, GED certificate, or official transcript. This verifies your educational background and eligibility for the program.
- Vaccine Record: It is important to have an updated vaccine record to ensure the safety and well-being of all participants. Please bring your vaccine record or any relevant documentation.
- Regarding payment, you have the option to pay the program fee in full or set up easy monthly payments. If you prefer to set up a payment schedule, please complete the application at https://app.flexxbuy.com/proaction-emergency-services-institute/apply. Once you have submitted the application, check your email for further instructions to finalize and electronically sign the contract.
REQUIRED PRE-COURSE PREP WORK (FREE)
- As part of the requirements for completing clinical rotations at area hospitals and ambulance services, it is essential to complete the following pre-course preparation work. These courses are provided free of charge and are vital for understanding incident management, HIPAA regulations, and other important lessons. Please complete these courses as soon as possible:
- IS-100.C: Introduction to the Incident Command System
- IS-200.C: Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response
- IS-700.B: An Introduction to NIMS
- IS-800.D: National Response Framework, An Introduction
- IS-907: Active Shooter: What You Can Do
- IS-1150: DHS Human Trafficking Awareness
- Community-Wide Orientation
- National Traffic Incident Management Responder Training
- Las Palmas – Del Sol Healthcare HIPAA Training and Quiz
Once you have completed these courses, it is important to email ALL your certificates to [email protected] by the specified due date. This allows us to verify your completion of the pre-course work and ensure that you are prepared for the clinical rotations.
CLINICAL EXTERNSHIP REQUIREMENTS
For your participation in patient care within hospital and ambulance settings, it is mandatory to have a complete immunization history. To ensure smooth progress in your clinical rotations, it is crucial to obtain the required proof of immunity as soon as possible. You have a few options to obtain your immunizations:
- Physician or Healthcare Provider: Schedule an appointment with your physician or healthcare provider to receive the necessary immunizations. You can utilize your healthcare insurance coverage or opt for private pay methods, depending on your preference and circumstances.
- Immunize El Paso (IZEP): ProAction EMS students have the opportunity to obtain discounted immunizations through Immunize El Paso. IZEP collaborates with various insurance plans, making the process more accessible and affordable. For detailed information and to explore available options, please visit their website at www.immunizeelpaso.org.
It is advisable to consult with a ProAction admissions counselor before seeking immunization services to ensure you have accurate and specific information tailored to your needs.
You will need at least the first dose of each immunization series of the following immunizations:
- Tuberculosis Skin Test
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)
- Hepatitis B
- Influenza – (required during flu season)
- COVID-19 Vaccine (highly recommended)
- Results for Antibody Response Titers for Hepatitis B, M.M.R (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), Varicella
TO COMPLETE THE PROGRAM AND RECEIVE YOUR COURSE COMPLETION CERTIFICATE:
- Completion of all specified tasks by the designated dates: Meet all deadlines for the required coursework, pre-course preparation, immunization documentation, and any other requirements.
- Tuition payment: Your tuition needs to be fully financed or paid in full as per the agreed-upon payment terms. Ensure all financial obligations are met to proceed with the program.
- Successful completion of National Registry and program skills: Demonstrate proficiency in the National Registry and program skills assessments, which will be conducted during class. These assessments evaluate your competence in various aspects of emergency medical techniques.
- Completion of clinical rotations: Fulfill the clinical rotation requirements, as these are necessary to sit for the final exam. Engage in hands-on experiences and apply your knowledge in real-world healthcare settings.
- Achieve an overall average of 75% or higher: Maintain an average score of 75% or above across all coursework, exams, and assessments throughout the program.
- Pass the final exam with a 75% or higher: Successfully pass the comprehensive final exam with a score of 75% or above. This exam evaluates your understanding of the course material and your readiness to apply your knowledge in emergency medical situations.
After you graduate:
Become Texas DSHS Certified
- Identogo Fingerprinting & Background Check: $50
- Service Code: 11BSBH
- Apply to the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Identogo Fingerprinting & Background Check: $50