To register, call us at 915-532-2771 or visit our campus at 1400 George Dieter, Ste 260.
Documents to bring with you:
- Copy of State ID and social security Card –
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED
- Immunization Record
You can pay in full or you can setup easy monthly payments. If you want to setup a payment schedule, please complete the application process by going to https://secure.benfranklinfinance.com/loan/. Once the application process is complete please check your email to finalize and electronically sign the contract.
FREE REQUIRED PRE-COURSE PREP WORK
- Community-Wide Orientation Certificate –Visit https://www.epcc.edu/Admissions/Orientation/community-wide-orientation Please read all slides and do take the exam. Email certificate to [email protected] by the due date. The certificate needs to have your name and the date of completion. (If the certificate is blank you will need to retake the exam or call the EPCC help desk)
- HIPAA Quiz- View the Las Palmas Del Sol HIPAA PowerPoint Presentation by visiting: http://laspalmasdelsolhealthcare.com/util/documents/hipaa-powerpoint.pdf.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency required courses – These courses are required to complete clinical rotations at area hospitals and ambulance services. Please do so as soon as possible. They are free for you and are important to understand the incident management system.
- IS 100.b https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-100.b
- IS 200.b https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=is-200.b
- IS 700.a https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-700.a
- IS 800.b https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-800.b
- IS 907 https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-907
Email ALL certificates to [email protected] by the due date.
CLINICAL EXTERNSHIP REQUIREMENTS
Immunizations: A complete immunization history is required to provide patient care in hospital and ambulance settings. It is important that you secure the required proof immunity as soon as possible to avoid delays in clinical rotations. You can obtain your immunization through your physician or healthcare provider using your healthcare insurance or via private pay methods. We also work with Immunize El Paso to provide discounted immunizations to ProAction EMS students. IZEP works with many insurance plans. You can learn more by visiting www.immunizeelpaso.org. For specific information, please speak with a ProAction admissions counselor before seeking services.
You will need at least the first dose of each immunization series of the following immunizations:
- Tuberculosis Skin Test
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)
- Hepatitis B
- Influenza – (required during flu season)
- COVID-19 Vaccine (highly recommended)
- Results for Antibody Response Titers for Hepatitis B, M.M.R (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), Varicella
- Confidential Drug Testing
- 2727 Wyoming Ave, El Paso, TX 79903
- Phone: (915) 532-4648
- Fee: $17.00 payable to CDT
- Premier Uniform & Tactical, 416 S El Paso St, El Paso, TX 79901
- White ProAction student uniform polo shirt – $16.95
- Navy blue or black EMT pants
- Nlack boots
- Black canvas or leather belt
NREMT Account Create National Registry of EMTs account at https://www.nremt.org/rwd/public/dashboard/create-account. Here you will become cleared to take your National certification examination. The cost of national certification is included in your tuition.
Platinum Planner– Using the key code we will provide you at no additional cost, set up your clinical tracking account by visiting https://my.platinumed.com/createaccount
Fingerprinting (Required for Texas DSHS certification). Setup your appointment at https://uenroll.identogo.com/workflows/11BSBH We suggest that you do this prior to your final exam, to prevent delay in future employment. Fee: $44.20 payable to Identigo
TO COMPLETE THE PROGRAM AND RECEIVE YOUR COURSE COMPLETION CERTIFICATE:
- Complete all of the above on the expected due dates and tuition needs to be paid in full
- All clinical rotations must be completed in order to take the end-of-course final.
- An overall course grade of 75% or higher
- Pass the end-of-course final with a 75% or higher